Traditional identification difference (ID) materials for certain entities have been used for the past several years. In the advent of technology, certain changes have been done in all aspects of life. Special IDs are on their way for all Filipinos for identification and travel purposes. Now, it is pretty much time for the Philippines to incept on new technology of a new modern ID system—the IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID).
The iDOLE OFW Identification Card is a modern concept being materialized and created this year of 2017 upon its release in July. This is meant to merge the OFWs identification and passport system for enhanced functionality and overall convenience. Before then, our OFWs have the traditional certificates that prove them as legitimate Filipino workers in the country or nation that they’re working in. Considered as a milestone for OFW development, its first release is expected to be seamless in processing and functions offered.
There are easy steps as to how a passport owner or OFW can get his or her iDOLE card. Secretary Bello said about this, “Application is not needed. If you are an OFW, you will be given the iDOLE ID because your name is already in the official roster of OFWs, so they will start processing your ID and we will give it to you.”
Basically, the steps are as follows:
- Go to the main office of DOLE or regional office near you. For directory of regional and field offices of Department of Labor and Employment, please visit this link: https://www.dole.gov.ph/pages/view/22
- Prepare primary or secondary identification materials for further confirmation of identification legitimacy.
- IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to be physically present when applying for your IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID) as the new ID is not yet available for online processing and verification procedures.
- Approach to the person in-charge in the regional office and ask for the processing.
- Present your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) if necessary. This proves that it is the first time for you to apply for your IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID) and this also avoids redundancies in the whole process.
- Wait for the verification process wherein the officer will check for your name in the official roster of the official OFWs.
- If verification was successful, official processing of your new iDOLE OFW ID together with your unique OFW ID number will be initiated.
- Wait for the processing to be finished and you will be given your new IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID).