The two policemen tagged in the Aug. 23 killing of a soldier on break from the fighting in Marawi City had been disarmed and placed under the Zamboanga del Sur police’s restrictive custody.
According to Chief Supt. Billy Beltran, Western Mindanao regional police director, PO2 Ronald Zeros and PO1 Michael Bullanday of the Aurora town police will be held by the provincial police while the investigation on the killing of Pfc. Rodilo Bartolome is ongoing.
Beltran said the military and the police also agreed to turn over the investigation to the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG).
Bartolome, 33, was on his way home to Midsalip town when Zeros and Bullanday shot and killed him in Barangay Monte Alegre in Aurora town.
A police report said the policemen responded to a report about the presence of a suspicious man in the area.
Bartolome had at least 11 bullet wounds.