Bomb experts safely detonate tons of seized dynamites in Sultan Kudarat

0
405

Sharing is caring!

ISULAN, Sultan Kudarat, Sept. 9 (PNA) — Government bomb experts safely detonated Thursday afternoon about six tons of dynamites seized last month from an abandoned mining site in Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat.

Supt. Raul Supiter, Sultan Kudarat police provincial director, stressed that the disposal was properly approved by Camp Crame and PNP regional office 12.

Supiter said Army and police bomb experts used blasting caps to ignite the explosives down the river in Barnagay Titulok, Bagumbayan.

The police official said it took about 6 to 7 hours for bomb experts to detonate the more than 6 tons of explosives.

Read Also:  2 Filipinos injured in terror attack in Spain

The modern explosives were carefully retrieved from an abandoned mining site of China Mining firm in Bai Saripinang, Bgumbayan, Sultan Kudarat last month, and hauled to Barangay Titulok.

These were loaded to three dump trucks of the Sultan Kudarat provicial government.

Supiter explained why the dynamites were disposed yesterday when the paranoia of the Davao City bombing has not subsided as of yet.

“There was an urgent need to set off the explosive because it was too dangerous to stock tons of dynamites and to avoid accidents,” Supiter said.

“We have chosen the river because it was strategically situated for blasting, it was below the national highway, far from inhabitants and will not affect the environment or create landslides after the blast,” Supiter said.

Read Also:  Pagadian mayor orders barangay officials to remain vigilant

He assured that the blast did not destroy the environment.

Supiter Mayor Bernardita Bito-onon of Bagumbayan was present and has informed her constituent about the disposal.

Many residents were alarmed by the lone powerful blast which reverberated in the towns of Sto Nino, Surallah, Norala in South Cotabato, Esperanza, Isulan, Tacurong City in Sultan Kudarat and Ampatuan, Abdullah Sangki and Shariff Aguak in Maguindanao.

“We just wanted to make it sure that these very dangerous explosives did not land in wrong hands,” Supiter said of the 36,000 sticks of dynamites.

Speaking over radio stations here, Supiter alerted the people of adjoining provinces of Maguindanao, Sultan Kudarat and South Cotabato of the planned explosive disposal.

Read Also:  Duterte declares state of lawlessness nationwide to protect PH

The mining site for gold was abandoned after President Rodrigo Duterte assumed office. (PNA)
JMC/NYP/EOF

Sharing is caring!